The main objective of the project is focused on producing “green electricity”, contributing with that to the fulfillment of the European Commission’s agreements regarding the increased use of renewable energy sources, thereby helping to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and therefore the compliance with the Kyoto protocol and with the Renewable Energy Plan of the Spanish Government (PER 2011-2020) which set the target to achieve 268 MW in installations with less than 1MW.
To achieve this general goal, it will be necessary to establish the individual objectives shown below:
– Using kinetic and potential energy currently wasted in distributions and water supplies networks.
– Generating “green electricity” for use in urban and/or industrial areas.
– Contributing to reducing the carbon footprint.
– Demonstrating technical and economic feasibility of the modular power generator through the manufacture of a pilot plant built in factory and transported to integrally mount on the particular site for this purpose.
– Releasing project results to the greater public and scientific community as possible, paying particular attention to the Governments for being them more so, the owners and donors of concessions on the use of potable water networks.
– Promoting new public policies for energy saving and sustainable mobility based on the economic benefits of the pilot plant.
– Demonstrating reduction of the environmental impact of the proposed solution comparing to traditional small hydro installed in situ.
– Contributing to simplify and reduce administrative barriers to these systems, favoring this way its generalization.